My friends and I gather in my card cave to stamp, share ideas, talk, and eat!
Enjoy some of my card cave creations!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Never More Than a Thought Away in Tennessee


My niece and her husband live outside of Nashville, TN. When they bought their house two years ago, they were assured that they did not need flood insurance. Fast forward to this year when five feet of water invaded their home after 13 inches of rain fell in 24 hours.


They have been fortunate in that they have had a tremendous amount of help from friends and relatives who live in the area. They have gutted their home and are waiting for the floors and studs to dry out so that they can begin working on the repairs.


My family and I decided that a gift card from Lowe's would be the best way that we could help. After much thought, I made a "house" card to let them know that we are thinking of them and are hoping that they will soon be back home. I modified the house card from Cricut's Wild Card cartridge and added some embellishments.


Supplies included: Cricut's Wild Card cartridge, Cosmo Cricket designer paper, Cuttlebug's heart embossing folder, SU's Whimsical Words stamp, SU's Riding Hood Red ink, a variety of punches including SU's bird punch for the vine, Martha Stewart's grass punch, and SU's Scallop Edge punch, and ribbon, brads, and button from Michael's.

No comments:

Post a Comment