My friends and I gather in my card cave to stamp, share ideas, talk, and eat!
Enjoy some of my card cave creations!

Friday, May 22, 2015

"Blingy" Birthday Card

Update:  My card won the Ribbon Girl voucher on the ABC Challenge: J is for Jewels.

My granddaughter is celebrating her 14th birthday, and since she loves the color purple and a lot of bling, I thought I'd combine the two and make her a "blingy" birthday card.
I found some "Bling on a Roll" by Darice at my local craft store as well as some glittered pearls.  I used a design by Mary Fish and created a birthday card.  I looped the "bling" around the bow I made, added some glittered pearls, and after I stamped the message with silver ink, I embossed it so it would be shiny.


Inside the card, I made a small envelope and put the check I gave her inside the envelope!  I wrote a greeting on the die cut--so much more attractive than a rectangular piece of white paper!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:













13 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch and addition of elements to suit your granddaughter! Thanks for playing along with the PPA sketch challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that bling! Delightful card! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth what a fab and elegant card
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card , love your bow with bling ! A very beautiful gift for your granddaughter !
    Thank for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage !
    good luck !
    Maryvonne
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Beth. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card! I hope your granddaughter enjoyed her day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Beth. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again …
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What bling! Very fun! I am sure it will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your granddaughter will love this! I love it and the envelope on the inside is a great touch. It's perfect for our Buttons, Bows and Bling challenge at DS4J!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bling! Great card!

    Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs...

    Sandy S
    (Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love those bling and such pretty card inside and out. Creative idea, love it Beth! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Digistamps4Joy this month. Come join us again next month. Have nice moments always :)

    Fondly,
    Asmah
    DS4J DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow heaps of bling! Love this layout. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This idea is wonderful, I bet she loved it, xxx

    ReplyDelete