My friends and I gather in my card cave to stamp, share ideas, talk, and eat!
Enjoy some of my card cave creations!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Chevrons

UPDATE: My card won an "Honorable Mention Cup of Tea" for
The Shabby Tea Room's Challenge #81.

When I saw that this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room was to design a card incorporating chevrons, I knew I had to enter because I had just purchased some Echo Park Paper that had a chevron design!  What luck!  I was able to use most of the selected colors (blue, green, orange, cream, and brown) in my card, but I had to substitute purple for blue.
Using a tutorial from Splitcoaststampers, I created a criss-cross card.  I found some green ribbon in my stash, and using a permanent orange marker, I colored the white dashes on the ribbon orange so it would coordinate with the paper.  I also made some "not found in nature" flowers from some flowers I had, and then I painted the petals with Stickles.  I finished by mounting the card on a piece of brown cardstock to make the card "pop."

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Beth!! And I adore how you added some of your 'signature' blooms blinged out with stickles! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers and gorgeous flowers, just fabby!
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom

    ReplyDelete